Rambling On Beauty & Love

One question. Where do you look for beauty?

As humans we all crave a connection with a significant other, whether it's love or someting more shallow. If we were to ask a sample of people what do they look for in this partner, I'm pretty sure the concept that would repeat itself the most is beauty. Most of them would even claim to go for "inner beauty" when we all know that's not true. It takes guts to go for inner beauty in a society that's so harsh on uneven pairings.

When we think we find beauty in something we call it beautiful, a very interesting word. It obviously means "full of beauty". But we almost never stop & think the implications of this. When we say a jar is full of something, it's the inside of the jar which holds the content. The outside is empty. The glass surface of the jar stays just as cold and smooth, without minding anything. So why call an image beautiful? Why shackle ourselves to appearances?

Yet the word beautiful is not a total fallacy. I think when we deem something beautiful we are not saying it's "full of beauty". We are saying "It fills with beauty". What can a sunset, or a piece of art, or a romantic moment fill with their beauty? What is that ethereal container capable of reataining such abstract concept? Our jar is called a "soul".

To me, souls exist, and are as real as oxygen. Everything in this world is about perception, and just as nerves perceive pain and ears perceive sound, souls perceive beauty. Some jars are bigger thatn others, some tend to spill frequently, and sad as it is, some are cracked or broken. Those are what we call shallow people. To not be able of feeling the true and innermost beauty of the world is an illness. I do not know the cure with certainty, but I must say one word comes to mind. Love.

Can a shallow person run into true love? What happens then? Oh, how would I like to know...but this is as far as my thoughts can lead me for now. If you like this rambling maybe I'll think harder and continue on another entry :D

That's all for now...
March 15th, 2010 at 03:01am