A Pair of Shoes

March 26, 2010

(Friday)

The movie was “great”!!!!!

Actually it’s a 2008 Korean Movie which my cousin suggested me to watch.And the actress is one of my favorite Korean celebrities, so I easily got interested on it. At first I don’t had any idea what’s the meaning of its title “BABO”, then my cousin translated it, it means “A Pair of Shoes”

At the first part of the movie, it was kind of weird, because it was my first encounter to watch a movie like that. The guy named Sung-Ryong is mentally challenged and he’s in love with the girl who played the piano that hated him at first because of some misinterpretation, and because of his best friend’s fault. When there is a sad or even happy moments in the movie, I really can’t help but cry---cry---cry. I’m so touched with the characters. The guy is a true friend and a very lovable and caring big brother. Even though her sister is not proud of him because of his mental disabilities and don’t even treat and recognized him as a brother, the guy always worked hard, despite of his illness, he always woke up early to make his little sister breakfast (still too bad, because her sister would just neglect the food and will not even touch it. He really hated her brother too much) and worked day and night, selling some sort of sandwiches. And it’s kinda awkward because people knew that his “crazy” yet they ate and bought his food.

From the day’s works, he couldn’t help to get tired but when his friends try to invite him to talk because of some problems, he is always there. Giving his very big smile. He loves to look at the night sky to watch the stars, because according to him it is his parents watching always him.

Sung-Ryong really didn’t live for so much happiness. He only had his sweaters and sweatshirts, because his only happiness is to take good care of his sister that doesn’t love him back. His friend has a powerful enemy, the guy told some bad guys to kill Song-Ryong’s best friend and the only description given was that the should kill the guy wearing a bandage on his hand... Unfortunately the bad guys made a very stupid mistake, instead to kill his best friend they kill the very pure and innocent Song-Ryong who also wore a bandage on his hand, because he has accidentally touch the hot frying pan and burned his skin, he was waiting for his sister that day to go out of his school and waited until midnight(without knowing that his sister already got home and don’t wanna see her brother again.)

His sister got hospitalized because of kidney problem. That night before he died he was suppose to visit his sister in the hospital to check her condition after the operation, but sad to say the bad guys are really “bitches” they defeated the poor Sung-Ryong and threw a big glass beer bottle into his head. Despite the fact that he is very injured he still tried his best to walked in the hospital while the blodd from his head is flowing badly. He suddenly stopped because the shoe that his first and last love gave to him was left in the street so he attempts to get it. But his energy is not enough, he fell down and the snow starts to fall already. He ended holding their family picture and thinking of the happy moments with his love together until he’s time came.

In the last part of the movie, his sister regretted everything she did badly to her brother. And will always smile whenever she got a pair of shoes from the junk man, who always get her brother’s shoes that is always left on the streets. The girl she loved continued to be a musical artist. And since his best friend promised to take care of Sung-Ryong’s sister, he is now managing the sandwich business which Sung-Ryong left.

From that movie I experienced crying really so hard because of the very dramatic genre. I suddenly realized that someone’s existence is appreciated whenever he/she is lost. Some times the person you ignore the most is the person you always wanted to stay by your side forever. The movie would some how teach us a worthy lesson in life that I will always remember as long as I live.
March 28th, 2010 at 02:27pm