FishVille and More Interesting Things...

One

I was out to dinner tonight with my family, and my grandmother was coming to meet us. She's in her seventies now by a few years, and after my grandad died, she's become somehow of a slut. She always dates people, we call them her "manfriends" because they are definitely no longer "boys", and then dumps them after a few nice dates out to dinner and a show, or whatever it is old people do.

She's sitting there, and all of the sudden, she sets down her tea, and says, "Shit!" I looked over at her, immediately asking what's wrong, and she gives me this look. You know the look I'm talking about. Then she says, "I have to feed my damn fish!" Mind you, this is all in Romanian. I remind her that she doesn't have any fish, or pets of any kind. "No, you twat, on FishVille!"

Yes, folks, you heard it right. My grandmother plays FishVille. For those of you who don't know, it's an online game on Facebook where you raise a virtual aquarium.

I'm wide-eyed, and completely bemused by this old woman. Then she says, "Never mind. I'll let those little puppies starve for all I care. The tank doesn't stink when you scoop 'em out and flush 'em like it does in real life."

...Thoughts on this? I'm still completely amazed that we're related somehow.

Two

I've been updating my story religiously now, it's called Turn Back Time, and I think you should read it and comment on it if you haven't already :D So other than the carpal tunnel from all the typing I do for you people, I have enough muscle mass to type out a few questions because your responses entertain me to read.

1.] Would it weird you out if your grandma was a whore? It frightens me to no end.
2.] What's it like when your family goes out to dinner? Picturesque, or a terrifyingly wonderful nightmare?
3.] If you had to shoot yourself in the foot, would you aim for a certain toe, or would you just fire at the middle? I'd pick the big toe. Stupid bastard taking all the attention...
May 3rd, 2010 at 09:12pm