Wicked Step Mom

I've always had a great relationship with my dad. My entire life people have been comparing my personality to his. I listen to his music, I love the same books, and he and I even share the same unique movie choice. I am a daddy's girl.

When my parents divorced, my sister and I lived with my mom, except for Wednesdays and every other weekend, when we'd go to dad's. He lived in a tiny apartment with no room for us, but I still preferred his house to my mom's. I never did have that great of a relationship with my mother.

When my dad started dating this woman, Jinneane, I was still so little, that I didn't have an opinion of her. As the years went on, I started to love her like my own mom. They got married, and I was so happy to have this woman in my life officially. By the time I was in grade seven, I thought of her as my mother more and more, and moved in with my dad and her into this modest house in the country.

About a year later, Jinneane had her first child, Christopher. I was excited to have my first brother. Unfortunately, the happy home that I'd gotten used to living in changed drastically. Jinneane became a sudden control freak, she became a slob, and she ordered me and my dad around. The new baby became the center of everything, which I completely understand, but the fact that Jinneane treated him like royalty, and then pushed the chores off on my dad made me upset.

Now she's got two sons, and I'm still living with them. My sister lives with my mom a half hour away from me. Every day I deal with my step mom calling me a slut because of my outfits, or pathetic because of all my boyfriends, or lazy for not having a job. She's decided that since she spends so much money on her boys' toys, she can't afford to get me a haircut anymore, or get new clothes.

I hate her, and I want to move out, but I love my dad too much. I have to decide what's the bigger deal in my life: My love for my dad, or my hatred for my step mom. I shouldn't have to choose.
May 22nd, 2010 at 06:53pm