WHO'S REALLY RIGHT?

So last week, I got really bad news from my school. My chorus teacher, who is one of my favorite teachers I ever had, is being fired and won't be back next week. Along with that, out school's budget didn't pass so now music is being cut. And music is my life! I thrive on it! And the school's annual musical. That's not going to happen without my chorus teacher. She directs it! I told my friend and her boyfriend about it (who I strongly dislike) and they say that they think that it's the right thing that it was a good thing that the budget failed and they're getting rid of the arts. They said that "the arts aren't important in life. The only things you need to know is science, math english and social studies." But what kind of a life is that?! I said that they were being selfish for voting no. They would cut out a huge part of so many kids' lives, all because they don't want to pay more taxes. My future revolves around music, and if I don't learn it now I will never get a job with it. Then he said that I was being selfish for caring about my future and not the economy and the increase in taxes. And then I thought, if he went and said that, WHO'S REALLY RIGHT? Is it the people who won't pay more money for someone's future? Or is it the people who will raise the taxes for everyone else that can't even make ends meet just so they can learn art? Leave a comment below telling me your side. What do you think?
Thanks, I just needed to vent.
~Adrienne
June 2nd, 2010 at 11:50pm