I was in line for five hours and didn't see Harry, but it was still worth it.

Yes you heard me right, I was in line for the Wizarding World Of Harry Potter for five hours and I got there at eight. Goodness, I was amazed at the amount of people there, they had to open early because there were so many people, it was ridiculous. I paid for this pass thingy and stayed at a hotel on site just so I could get in an hour early, it didn't help much. Luckily for me the people that stood around us were super nice. This one family had three kids, all under the age of ten, and not once did they complain. I was whining like a little b*tch, so I was pretty impressed with them.

God, opening day was insane. The people were insane. I'm the kind of girl that dresses up for these things, but heard that you would get kicked out if you did so I left my costume behind but there were still people dressed up! I saw the sixty year old Harry Potter, a short Bellatrix Lestrange, a dominatrix Narcissa Malfoy, and a bunch of kids with robes. It was pretty amazing, not gonna lie.

I don't have any pictures yet, I still have to upload them, but it was amazing. I walked in and almost cried. It was f*cking amazing, so beautiful, I was in awe. When you first walk in you see the Hogwarts Express then it takes you straight to Hogsmeade, it's brilliant. I got butterbeer (it was delicious!) and got to keep my mug from the Hog's Head! No pumpkin juice, sadly. And Jesus, Zonkos and Honeydukes were amazing. They looked like two separate stores but it's actually one big store cut right down the middle. Unfortunately I didn't get anything from Zonkos, didn't have enough money, but I got some candy from Honeydukes. The Chocolate Frogs are huge! The box is awesome and my card was of Godric Gryffindor.

The Hippogriff ride was adorable, it passes by Hagrid's Hut, which is awesome, and there's Buckbeak! He's in his little nest and bowing at you, it's adorable. The ride is alright, nothing special, but fun none the less. If you're not really into roller coasters then I recommend riding that.

And holy sh*t The Forbidden Journey... I can't even explain how amazing this was. Usually when you wait to get on rides it's just a bunch of people stuck with those bars to separate you. The waiting area was Hogwarts. I walked in and really did cry, it was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. You walk through and it's just... Jesus! F*cking awesome! (The actual definition, not the slang) The portraits move and talk to you, Herbology has a big vine practically eating the area, it's dark and freezing near the Potions room. God, it was beautiful. It takes you through everything. I just couldn't believe it. The Gryffindor Common Room, the Great Hall, the Defense Against The Dark Arts room, everything.

The ride itself was awesome, it was a simulator and a ride. It was Spiderman and E.T. combined, pretty much. It was awesome, the Dementors scared the crap put of me, and of course when we're on the ride it malfunctions. At first I though it was part of the ride since you could hear Harry yell, "No, leave them alone!" But it wasn't. Aragog spit on me and I was almost killed by the Hungarian Horntail and the Whomping Willow. Getting on the ride was pretty funny, it's got these two different moving aisles, I almost fell getting on and off of them. But I didn't.

We got to go back again today and we only waited an hour, thank God. My sister wanted to get a wand and yesterday it was so busy that we couldn't get in. Did I mention that the line was two hours long? Yeah, Honeydukes/Zonkos was an hour long but I was determined to get that candy. Angelica, expect dark chocolate peppermint frogs and a lollypop at your door.

They actually have a little show for Ollivander's. They let in twenty people or so and Ollivander picks one person, they try out a couple wands and finally a wand picks them. Our Ollivander kept forgetting his lines and I was pretty sure he was making stuff up.

"This wand... Eleven inch Oak with erm, Dragon Heart String. Yeah, that sounds good."

My sister got Neville Longbottom's wand. I swear, I'm gonna save up and get my birthday wand. Depending on the day you were born a certain wand can be assigned to you, it's really cool.

All in all it was how should I say this? Magical. It was worth all the money, waiting, sweat, cursing. Magical. MAGICAL!

MAGICAL!

We're definitely going back, I got an annual pass, chicka chicka yeah! We're going back when everyone's back in school... On a Tuesday.

I will post pictures later, most def.
June 19th, 2010 at 08:35pm