The best news ever & I need advice badly

Okay, so I've got this mongo crush on my best guy friend, Christian. He's going to be a senior next year, while I'm going to be a sophmore.
I told my cousin, Nichole, about my situation. She told me to just go for it and tell him.
Here's what I said;
"... I have to tell you something. And please don't laugh.
...... I really like you. I mean we had tons of fun together (or I did at least) and you're the only person who cared about me when Zach did that shit to me.
You made me laugh, like I haven't laughed in forever..."

Of course that's not all of it, but that's the majority.

I got his reply back today;
"...I'm trying hard to make everyone happy though so anything you need me to do let me know k? and i kinda liked you too..."
Again not the whole message, that was private. But the jist of it is that he likes me back!

He knows about my ex. boyfriend, Zach, and what he did to me. I know that he went out with a girl he loved, but she dumped him. He knows I 'have' four kids. I know about his crazy family. The worst thing to hear him talk about was how much he loved his girlfriend though. But I never said anything, because I didn't want to hurt him.
Our friends, Catherine, Marissa, Yvette, Noura, Becky & Miikeala, all agree we should go out. But we didn't know the others feelings. Now we do.
I can't wait to tell Catherine especially, she really wanted us to go out.
[All but Noura were juniors and are going to be senniors in 2011]

There's only one catch;
He's moving states away. I'm staying in Massachusetts while he goes to South Carolina. He's already left for Tennesse though. However he promises once he turns eighteen he'll come back to be with me.
I know I'm not in love, honestly I do, but I know I'm deeply in like.
Any advice for us? How can we still be friends when we know we both like each other? And what are we supposed to do about him moving away? Please I need advice.
Thanks for your help!

Forever & Always,
Racahel

P.S. I definately wear the pants in this relationship/friendship. I always initate everything. Which is nice, it's fun to be in charge once and a while.

did I forget to tell you he's a musician? He's already learned some of my favorite songs, Eva and Therapy. <3
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPMIEdrJZAY[/youtube]
July 6th, 2010 at 09:07pm