The Small Voice

Today, the public and media are crazier than ever. Drugs, alcohol, sex, sexuality... everything's crazy. While many agree with some of them, others disagree with others.

And those who are against these, their voices are silenced, accused of hate and ignorance.

My view? Hate me if you will, but I still live in America, and the first ammedment still stands.

Do I hate people? No.

Do I disagree with their views, the way they live? Sure.

Do YOU have to care and get my face? Nope.

Anyways, the view for many- including the conservatives, tea party, and serious christians [but don't expect them to all believe this, everyone is still with their personal thoughts]- is you have a choice, a choice of two sides, and a line you can't saddle or sit on the fence with.

God or Man.

Of course, this is pretty debatable. I mean, doesn't God tell us to love everyone as ourselves? He does, just as He loves everyone. I firmly believe that. So I do love people.
But it doesn't mean I show it through my body.
And it doesn't mean I think that homosexuality is proper.

If I offend anyone? Well...not to be blunt or pointedly rude, but free speech is allowed. And tough it out- no one likes a wimp... oh, wait, look at the liberals.

If anyone properly believes in God, it makes sense to believe in the Bible. However, if you believe in a God and not the Bible, that would make you more of a Deist than any Christian. And it reads in the Bible that its pretty much barbaric and satanic for homosexuality to happen.

If you are homosexual, then you will burn on earth with the rest of the wicked. And then you burn in hell.

The Bible, not me.

Now, I do admit, that there are some...ehm, psychotic people who go crazy with their posters on the streets saying you will burn with Satan. Would I ever do that? No. That... that's just ridiculous.

What do I do? Well, I support what I believe in. California 2009 [or 08?], Prop 8 was a HUGE subject. The debate was about a new law proposed, left in the hands of the people [obviously.] The question was:

Was marriage ordained by God?

This would mean that only straight couples would be considered married in California. Now, I do believe gay and lesbians can still be married here California- the only difference is, their marriage won't be recognized by the law. So go get married at Disneyland! It's allowed.

My problem was- no one understood what it would mean for ME.

Thing is? I'm Mormon.

If you see those pretty, shiny white castles around, they belong to my church. Called Temples. And yes, they are holy. It's where we do our most sacred covenants, including baptisms for the dead [no dead bodies, I promise], and most importantly, our weddings/sealings. I say 'sealings' because our weddings are bound more than on earth- we are sealed together for life and death- for eternity. We believe in heaven, that we'll go there when we die and we can be a family together again there, only if we're sealed together.

[there's no duct tape or sexual things or glue going on in that]

The PROBLEM was, if that law hadn't been passed, lesbians and gays would HAVE to be allowed in our temples for marriages- the LAW would be invading our right to religion- which the Constitution does NOT allow.

I believe in freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion [you're religious no matter what, atheism is one].

God ordained our families to be of man and woman. One of the reasons we're brought to earth is to grow and learn and love in our families- which come together with a mother, and a father, and children- not a mother and mother or father and father. It doesn't work that way. So by allowing that law, would have hurt our religion SO, SO badly.

Am I whining? No. But I'm showing the side that no one listens to. You can write books on us, do television previews on us all you want- is that going to get all the facts, though? No, not really. You need views from all sides, including some of personally ours.

Are there Mormons who go lesbian? Sure. And they can 'choose to get help' or they usually end up leaving. But this isn't a personal matter that I could discuss too well without personal mention.

Conclusion: I have met gay people. I think they are nice and funny. Do I agree with their view? Not exactly. Am I saying they will die a painful death? No. But it's sort of like a politician, almost. They think they're doing the right thing, and they just might not...

Not to mention, the world view of today is SO cosmic humanist and I could spend ALL day talking about that. But it might go over your minds. And the majority of Humanists are instilled in today's public schools to brainwash kids into their views, so why bother?
July 10th, 2010 at 04:58am