The Reverend

Well, since I couldn't see him preformed, or never had the chance to meet him. James 'The Reverend Tholomew Plague' Owen Sullivan, The Rev, or what ever you like to call him, meant a lot to me, not because I know him, which I didn't, just because of his music.

He inspired me to start getting into music, and he is really the real reason why I sing now. I still remember the first time my friend showed me them, Eternal Rest, off Waking The Fallen. It amazing me, the guitars, the drums, bass, singing, everything about it.
I went out and bought the album the next day.

So then City of Evil came out a few months later, I was ecstatic. Listened to it, amazing even more. Beast and the Harlot, Bat Country, Seize The Day, Sidewinder, Betrayed, MIA. Just simply amazing album.

Then 2007 hit, and the release of the self titled album. I loved it just as much as the rest, but I asked one question, who was singing in some songs? It wasn't Shadows, he sounded nothing like him, then I went to my friend, who so happened to by the only people who loved Avenged as much as I did, probably more. Then she explained the The Rev was singing, the drummer, singing and still playing? I was shocked, never heard of such a thing before.

Then December 28th 2009 hit. I happened to be up that night, laying in bed, on the Internet on my iPod Touch, on MSN, then the same friend, told me the new, The Rev was found dead. At first I didn't believe, not one but. He was 28, who dies at 28? Rumours, I thought, just rumours.

Then when they finally announce he did actually die. I was heart broken, I'll admit, I cried. My inspiration, my favorite drummer in the world, a talented musician, taken from the world, taken from everyone.

Now I know some of you may find it stupid that I am so heartbroken over someone he didn't even know, but, I don't know. It's hard to explain.

Jimmy. I wish I could say I met you, and knew you, but sadly, I can't.
I will miss you, dearly, everyone will. Avenged Sevenfold wont be the same, ever.
Rock In Peace James Owen Sullivan.
August 5th, 2010 at 01:49pm