I'm indecisive. I can't decide. Names?

First of all, did anyone get the title? Eenie Meenie, anyone? I'm not bashing on the song or anything, but every time I hear those lyrics, I bust out laughing. "She's indecisive...SHE CAN'T DECIDE!" Oh, no, not like you've already said that or anything. Anyways. Don't hate. It's just funny to me.

Now.

I used to be an avid Mibba reader and writer. Then, I started taking college level courses in middle school and stopped having time for that. I don't know why I didn't do anything on here this whole summer even though ALL I DID was sit at home, bored, every day. I guess I'd lived without Mibba so long that it didn't even occur to me. But luckily, I've rediscovered it and have a little bit of time before school starts to start outlining and thinking through a story.

I have an idea in mind. Actually, I have several ideas in mind. Or rather, in a notebook somewhere that I'll have to dig out later.

But right now, I'm stuck at the first? second? step. Character names. I have a general idea of where the story is going to go. But before I start the outlines and drafts, I must have names. It would irk me to no end to keep typing "____ did this. ______ said that."

I have lists of names that I've already narrowed down. Sorta. As mentioned, I'm extremely indecisive. Decisions are not my forte. That's why I'm asking for other people to help.

Guy names: (I need a main character name, then 5 other names)
Adrian
Damien
Dimitri
Blaze
Lance
Tristan
Chase
Aiden
Heath
Ashton
Troy
Vincent
Julian
Vance

Girl names: (Main character name and 4 other names)
Evangeline
Elyse
Katelyn
Kathleen
Mikayla
Yvette
Aimee
Amery
Everlee
Evelyn
Miria
Emilia
Aurelia

I guess I also need 2 last names that sound prestigious or important or royal or...you get the gist of it.

You guys will definitely get credit for this once I start writing. (Which might take a while. Back then, I'd just write on a whim. Now, I've found that setting the whole story up and writing within the frame will make the plot go on, make me want to finish the story, and always give me somewhere to go, even with writer's block.)

Please help me with this. You have no idea just how indecisive I can be. I can debate between 2 pairs of socks for a good 10 minutes. I know, I'm amazing.

Well, if anyone comments and gets me anywhere on this, thanks so much. Hearts, flowers, cookies, ice cream, chocolate to you all!

-Michelle <3
August 25th, 2010 at 08:40pm