I Know...

I know there is no excuse that can possibly account for all of the chapters I have lacked to post... or lacked to write.

I am sorry for those who were suscribers to my story called Welcome To The Games. The truth is, I knew exactly where it was going and what was going to happen. I still do. It took me some time to figure out why I wasn't updating any more, and found out that it was that the little fire that had me writing the chapters kinda got snuffed.

Of course, at the beginning of the summer I still had that fire, but I was busy because of SAILING:

If you didn't know, I live on a tiny island, where sailing is a pretty big deal. Every summer I go to sailing camp and this year... let's say this is the first year I actually enjoyed it. I've been doing it for years and, I'm not being modest or anythign, but I'm pretty good.

Anyways, I did sailing for all of July and the first couple weeks of August. Although it is extremely fun (and if you've never got the chance, I urge you to ask your parents if you could go on summer vacation to a place that offers sailing lessons/camp- you won't regret it) it is also extrememely tiring.

You know the kind of tiring where you have the adrenaline in your veins while you're doing it, but as soon as you get home all you want to do is eat and then fall into bed? Yah, that's what it's like after sailing; but it does have some rewards (I have gotten a KILLER tan).

By the end of August, where I was vacationing in Canada for the last two weeks, new ideas had grabbed a hold of me and I am currently working on some.

Which brings me to my next point:

I did mention in my last journal entry that I was thinking of some other stories in which I would be doing more of my 'character grabs'. However, in this one you'd need some 'qualifications', for lack of a better word. So please, leave a comment if you are interested and I will send you a message as soon as I can!

Again, I am deeply sorry if you were a suscriber/fan of Welcome To The Games. I guess, after all that has been said, I was also a bit discouraged. Not many people commented, making me perservere in the story. But by all accounts, do not blame yourselves or think that I am blaming you. I am not. This is purely my fault.

But who knows, maybe I'll look back and start writing new chapters. But at the moment I am focussing on anther story, one to which I promise I will be more open to suggestions from readers (for on WTTG I was kind of in total control). ...if there are any.

So, in conclusion:

-Welcome To The Games is now on Hiatus.

-I will be starting a new story- if you want a chance to get a character based off of you, leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can!

-To those who grabbed charactes, I am sorry, but I do have your records of them and if I ever continue WTTG, you will still have those spots.

Much love,

'Zesty' <- my new nickname from sailing :\

xxo
September 1st, 2010 at 09:18pm