30 Days of Prompts: Day 2 - Earthquake!! And my beautiful dog, Tanner :)

Just an update on the my journal earlier about the Canterbury earthquake!! Went into the city to check up on my Uncle, he was a bit worried and edgy so we helped him put everything back together in his house. His chimney had collapsed, thankfully falling on the lawn instead of through the roof and into his bedroom :/ And the roof in his garage is destroyed now.

We drove to some of the majorly effected places but most were cordoned off so we couldn't get too close. Took quite a few pictures so I may post them in another journal later.
We also went to a road where liquefaction had happened, so all the silty sand underneath the top layer had been sifted to the top and the whole road had basically bent out of shape. Sounds bad but I actually had heaps of fun there taken pictures!! Then went to a nearby town and checked out the bridge which had twisted itself, it looks screwed!!!

People were so hyped up, everyone was either really friendly or abusive :/
Had a run in with some hotshot driver, almost crashed into him and Dad threw a massive fit at him. Was rather embarrassing!!

Prime Minister, John Key says fixing up bill will be up into the billions!! And that's it for my report and update haha!! Thanks for all your kind words :)

------------------------

So my favourite pet!! I know this was meant to be what the whole journal was about, but here goes anyways....

My favourite pet is the only pet I've ever had!! His name is Tanner and he's a border collie dog! his is him:

Image
(Why yes I did just steal this straight off my page on NetAPet, don't even know why I signed up for that...it's rather silly and I never use it!!!)

He's about 11 years old now and he's getting a wee bit crazy in his old age haha!!
I guess, to be honest, he's always been a little crazy. He was rescued when he was about 15 months old from an abusive owner and given to us to look after. From then on he hated most men, motorbikes and loud noises - anything that associated with his previous owner!!

But he got a lot better and calmed down a bit, he still barks at loud stuff and gets really scared but he trusts people a lot better and doesn't try to eat everyone.

His favourite game is to chase rocks. Yeah, it's rather funny really and soooooo cute!! He has a scar on his nose in the shape of a perfect love heart too <3

I love him to bits haha, he will always be my favourite little doggy wog, snuffle puff!! xD

Thanks for reading!! xxx
September 4th, 2010 at 08:20am