Rant About Parents, Spoiled Kids, and Appreciation

"Ugh, my dad is being SO over protective! I had a date with Scott last night, and my dad stood on the porch like a creeper when he dropped me off! Ugh, he's so embarassing and annoying, I hate him!"

"Man, I know what you mean. My mom is being so unfair, she grounded me because I stayed out late and forgot to call her. I mean, it's not like I was doing anything bad and she still flips her shit. It's so stupid, I wish she would just get off my damn back."

"I know, right?! Parents are so lame."

...Does anybody else see anything wrong with that? I know I do.

I have a little message for all of you little kids out there that get annoyed when your parents do stuff like this: THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY CARE ABOUT YOUR UNGRATEFUL ASS. Stop treating them like a burden and start appreciating them, because one day they aren't going to be there to look after you and you're going to be all alone in the real world and you're going to wish your daddy was holding your hand.

So what if they yell at you sometimes? So what if they don't won't you to break the law and drink when your underage? So what if they don't let you use your precious cell phone or computer for a little while? So fucking what?

It pisses me off that so many kids take their parents for granted. I'd give anything to have an over-protective dad instead of one that cares about getting his next 'fix' more than his only daughter. I'd rather hear my mom yell at me all the time than have to listen to her cry in the middle of the night, when she thinks I'm asleep, because her pain is just too much for her to handle.

I'd love for my dad to come home right now from where ever the fuck he is, sober up, and embarass me in front of my boyfriend and best friends. I would love it for my mom to stop crying, be able to take care of herself and be happy for a change, and start yelling at me because she was worried sick. I'd love to have parents that could take care of me...like your parents do.

So the next time you start to bitch about 'hating' your parents, try remembering how fucking lucky you are to have them.
September 14th, 2010 at 09:19am