For Girls (but guys should read too)

I don't understand the pressure on girls and women nowadays to have large breasts and small waists. Women were put on this earth to do more than live up to the unreasonable ideals that our modern day society has concocted. Who really cares if you're not a size zero? Who cares if you actually eat and enjoy it, rather than denying your body the nutrients it needs to function; or purging your body of the food you allowed yourself to have. Many girls don't realize that by giving in to societal provocation, they are also compromising their bodies. Their bodies. You're really only gifted with one body and by starving yourself or forcing yourself to vomit or overworking your body on purpose, you're abusing that gift. So stop. Get help. Stop and get help for the girls who didn't or couldn't. Who have died or have been forced to spend the rest of their lives in a bed, living through tubes that give them oxygen and nourishment. Stop encouraging your friends to be thin, and stop letting them commenting about your weight get to you if that's a problem. It's sickening how hung up girls are on having the perfect body that they don't realize what could happen to them. Thin isn't always beautiful. Several of my friends are a little overweight, but they're still so beautiful. And so are you. Remember that next time you see the number on your scale.
September 18th, 2010 at 02:30am