writing "guidlelines"

wow it's been almost a year since i posted a journal. this is mostly a rambling anyway. thrice today i tried to sleep. midnight, 3am, and 6am. i failed each time, evidently. it's almost 8am now. no doubt when i get home later i'll conk out and not wake til it's early morning. kind of normal for me, really. i don't really care. i spent nearly eight hours writing and it's all worth it. i haven't written this much in months. i'd give up sleep and get a migraine everyday if i can write this much at these hours again. sometimes i wish they'd never end. i noticed that all my stories (that i posted on mibba this year) are all original things. that makes me a little bit happy. granted i still write fanfic sometimes (on lj), and most of those original things are less than a thousand words, but it's nice to know i can world build on my own too. i almost never name th characters, and thus have to suffice with a bunch of pronouns, but they're stories all the same. they don't even have normal formats anymore. it's not like i tried to be ee cummings but i guess it's turning out that way? i'm glad i never showed any interest him before either, lest i be accused of ripping him off. i idolize neil gaiman and it really shows in my work. the title of this has to do with the mibba story rules which you have to follow lest you get your story banned. i'm an editor, and sometimes i know exceptions should be made. in my case it's because i almost never capitalize anymore. i guess if you'll read some of my stories you'll see why. it's hard to explain, but i know the rules, and i know enough about them to know they're only guidelines. once you know what you're doing, i like to think it'd be okay to bend them a little. it's called creative writing, after all. man my head hurts.

Image
September 26th, 2010 at 02:06am