I'm the king of the world!

Not really, though. Really, I suck. But that's a story for another time (or rather, never). I should probably start at the beginning, maybe give a background on what this stupid ranting journal entry is going to be about.

Eversince I was a little kid (about six-years-old), I've absolutely loved Titanic. My cousin Mat, though he was two years younger than me, got really into it and always had fun dicussing it with each other. We watched the movie all the time and could probably tell you everything about the ship if you asked. But I digress. Throughout elementary school, at every chance I got, I would check out a book from the library about the Titanic. Whether it be fiction or non-fiction, I would read it and I always loved it.

When I was about seven or eight, I talked to my mom and said to her (something along the lines of), "Wouldn't it be cool if, in 2012, they did a memorial anniversary cruise from Southampton in honor of Titanic?" Of course she agreed with me. I always dreamt of how amazing it would be if they did that. I always wanted to go on the cruise if they did do it.

I was reading this story called Panic on the Titanic. It was a fanfiction about Gerard Way. I read all 18 chapters that have been written so far over the course of the passed three days. The last chapter, which I just read today, had a link in the author's note about a memorial voyage from Southampton taking place in April of 2012. I was jubilant, but then I remembered that I live in the US and am only 15. I can't afford it and it hurts so much, because I've wanted this for the past eight years.

It sucks that I won't be able to go on the cruise, but I really hope that everyone who gets to go has an amazing time.
September 29th, 2010 at 10:23pm