Eh Models and Media

Ah I had a photoshoot yesterday. Usually I’m friends with the photographers but not this time. I didn’t know the guy. Since I got there he was looking at me weird. As soon as he saw what I was going to be modelling he started talking about how I didn’t have the body because I wasn’t skinny enough for one category and I wasn’t “bold” enough to look like a muscle guy. He was really an ass with everyone but he didn’t ask anyone else to literally bind their stomach. He ended up deciding I should just wear a shirt.

Eh, that’s why I hate modelling just for clothes. I like the more artistic side of modelling like when you model for professional photographers who aren’t that interested in the model himself but in the photo looking great. Ah sometimes I wonder if the media is screwed up or if I really am the one that has a different body.

As a guy I know about girls issues with being skinny but as a model I know about guys and girls having issues with being skinny. What's funny is that these people ask you to either be too skinny or have the "perfect" amount of "not exactly fat". I see so many girls and I wonder if they know that it's not that pretty for them to be so skinny. I look at the guys and eh I think I just see myself.

Image
(from yesterday)
October 16th, 2010 at 10:36pm