What some people don't realize;

Is that mental and emotional abuse is just the same as physical, you just don't see the scars.

Being the youngest child of my mother and father, I've often fought with my second older sister (I hardly grew up with my oldest sister and my brother, so we didn't fight as much) and when I was a little girl it was just about, you know, the silly little girl issues. But now, being older, it's gotten to the point where I have walked away crying, feeling like complete and absolute crap. Now, that's not my main focus. My main focus is the fact that I know she mentally and emotionally abuses me. Always, in all fights we have, she always winds up insulting me. Calling me fat (when I'm not, but like many girls my age I have a bad body image of myself), calling me dumb, calling me an 'effing idiot,' telling me she hates me, and she even insults me through text messages when I just walk way.

It saddens me to have this happen to me because of how much I love and adore her. She was for a little while all I had, but now it just doesn't seem like she cares anymore. I've tried telling her this;

"Insulting someone to the point where they feel like crying and feel like shit is emotional and mental abuse. It's just like physical, but it hurts just as much but stays with the person longer. If it continues, some people, mentally and emotionally abused (just like the physically abused) could wind up killing themselves. You can be convicted of involuntary manslaughter."

She just simply laughs at me and thinks I'm joking, when I'm not.

Now, I'm not going to be committing suicide, but the mental and emotional abuse from not only my sister but others around me sure hurts a whole heck of a lot and I'm starting to get sick of it.

If only they could be in my shoes for one day, they'd no longer do it.

Please, before you insult someone that you love or you even insult someone you don't know, think about what you are going to do and contemplate the consequences and outcomes.

I just hope the others who do it to me will understand this.
October 21st, 2010 at 12:57am