Winter Anthology: PT1

To celebrate one of the most favoured times of the year; Chalk is going to put together an anthology in celebration of winter and the holidays. The anthology will be comprised of an introduction and then a series of themed stories submitted by young writers. These stories must be short stories, comprised of a maximum of three chapters completed, or roughly 2,500 words. Each author is allowed to submit more than one piece of writing, but the author must submit the work themselves. There are no nominations allowed for this anthology.

Along with the submissions, each writer will include a small piece of biographical information that should equal out to about 100 words or less. If chosen, the author will have their small biography posted at the end of the anthology. Stories may have been entered in previous contests or anthologies, and can have been prewritten or newly invented. As one can assume, each story must be themed around the anthology – winter or holiday, whichever one you would like. It the theme is not readily found in the story it will not be accepted.

The holidays are steadily approaching so this ad serves as a warning to get those keys geared up to go. Stories will not be accepted until the form is posted, but I do encourage you to start writing and finding yourself a Beta or a Tutor to help the process! The application form should be posted around November 19/20

[hr]

I encourage you all to spread the word about this call for short stories (or one - three shots). I want to have as much variety as possible among authors and I want those authors to have a chance to show off their talent! Please spread the word about this anthology and together we can all make it a success!!

Any questions or comments can be messaged, commented here on Mibba, or emailed to chalk(at)crookedteeth.org.
October 23rd, 2010 at 06:50pm