English Trips...

Sorry I have been unresponsive for about two weeks (you know... if you were trying to get a response...?)

I find, during school weeks, I don't go on the computer at all. And, usually, that works really well. But last Thursday, after not being on the internet for four whole days (ohemgee), I basically went to the airport and hopped on a plane to England where I would be for about ten days. Sorry for not notifying.

But it was awesome.

We didn't just go to London, we went all over! Chester, Haworth, Stratford, Newcastle, Lake District, London and the middles of various nowheres.

It was supposedly educational- which it was- but I find it was much more fun than learning. I mean, can my English teacher justify taking us to the Metrocentre? (For those in the US- that's the biggest mall in Europe). Well, yes. Yes she can. Her exact words:

"We're teaching the students about responsibility with money and saying no to temptation."

No joke. Haha :)

That lesson obviously did not get taught- I bought LOADS.

But, I gotta say, my favourite thing about the trip was Shakespeare. We got to go to the house where he was born, as well as to the Globe Theatre (!!!) while getting lessons on a couple of the plays and on his life. Call me a nerd, but that was soo awesome.

And, of course, to add some 'fun' in... we did an assult course. This included zip lining, rope climbing, balance beam walking, hurdle jumping and a partiularly shakey ladder. My bruises will tell you the fun I had from that.

But let's not forget my dark day(s) there; I got sick. Of course. I probably should have expected it. But it's okay- 'cause I got to miss some boring stuff.

And now, dear Mibbians, I sit before on my computer screen contemplating the experience...

HAH!

Nah, I'm uploading CDs to iTunes.

And speaking of CDs- you heard Taylor Swift's new album?

It. Is. BEAST. I remember thinking, "There is no possible way she can top Fearless", but she did. And I am amazed.

But how are you guys?

Anything you want me to update (I already updated Year 3000, so check that out)?

One-shots you want me to write (I'm open to them)?

New poems, stories, journals?

I'm up for anything :)

Sorry for such a long journal entry- I bet I lost half the people by the assult course- but I leave you with a gift of song reccomendations!

The Boy Who Murdered Love - Dianna Vickers (something a little different)

Superstition - Stevie Wonder (oldie but a goodie)

Speak Now - Taylor Swift (you knew she was coming)

Heart Vacancy - The Wanted (hot new thing in England apparently)

Just Tonight - The Pretty Reckless (Taylor Momsen's vocals are killer)

Much love;
Zoe <3
November 1st, 2010 at 06:54pm