4/11/10 - Avenged Sevenfold!

Okay, so yesterday I went to my first concert ever. The train from where I live to Chester went fine, but the bloody train to Manchester went when the one I was on pulled up. Missed train number one. Me and my friend had to catch the hour later one, after being told five different platform numbers we were meant to be on, we caught the right one.

It was raining when we pulled up, so we had to try and find our way to the Manchester Academy. Luckily we found this guy who was going there too, even though he had no ticket. I didn't quite catch him name :/ But he got one outside by one of the people selling them. There was hardly a queue outside and we got in quickly.

I swear I was like the youngest person there and the shortest, but oh bloody well xD

My friend and I made our way to the crowd, after we paid for our jackets and bag to be kept safe. The crowd wasn't that big cause people were getting the merch and beer and stuff like that. It was boiling, but fuck I didn't care. When the support band came on, my friend and I were like...'Stone Sour'? But alas, it was HellYeah. They were good, but I didn't know any song, and really, couldn't hear a single word. :/

During their set, there was like three different circle pit by us. Jeesh, them guys who decided to start them, I felt like throttling them.

Then when Stone Sour came on, I only knew two of their songs which I was saddened about. Halfway through their set, Corey made us do like a stupid dance type of thing, it was fun! And then he made us do this different type of noise, which he then laughed at us for and said he f*cking loved us guys.

Man, I fucking love Corey Taylor now. He's amazing!

Then the band I had been waiting for since the doors opened at 6:30pm. Avenged fucking Sevenfold. They came on at ten pm. Started off with Nightmare, the first one you saw was Synyster Gates in the centre of the stage, playing his damn guitar.

I can't remember the next song, I was too excited and breathless from screaming the lyrics and jumping around with the crowd. Then Matt started talking. Shouting actually, but fuck I didn't care.

The whole thing was amazing but my friend didn't know any song from the new album so she was just jumping with the crowd without singing. I knew every damn word! Although, when they played Bat Country, I didn't know Matt said the quote at the beginning, Seize The Day and Afterlife, we were jumping around together.

They played So Far Away, for Jimmy. And everyone was chanting/shouting 'Jimmy' and Matt was just looking out towards us, a sad smile on his face. He called us fucking amazing, and he was saying stuff about Jimmy being really happy that they were continuing and that without us, there was no way A7X would have ever continued. And that they really appreciated all the messages and nice notes and drawings and everything that the fans sent to them. Because us as the fans were the ones who helped them a lot.

I remember they also played Welcome To The Family and God Hates Us. I got that top!

During the last song, we got our stuff and brought some merch. We thought our train home was at half eleven. Turns out it was at twenty two eleven. Missed train number two. But hell, there was no way I would have willingly left Avenged's set just to go home.

We walked back to the station, it was like a half an hour walk, and there was a train waiting there. We didn't know whether that would take us to Manchester Piccadilly where we could get a connection to Chester, and the damn stupid train conduct was no damn help. Missed train number three. We then had to get the last train out of there which was at like twenty to twelve.

The whole train was just filled with people from the concert, aside a guy who was on there before we got on. I think we was either dead or asleep, my friend tried waking him up. Didn't budge an inch.

When we got to Manchester Piccadilly, we had an hour, near enough, wait for the next train to Chester, gosh I near fell asleep!

From Chester there was no other train back home until later today so my mum had to come and drive the whole damn way just to pick us up. She got there at two this morning. And we got home at four this morning.

I missed two days of school, but hell seeing Matt, Syn, Zacky and the head of Johnny, I don't give a damn! Coming from a girl who never misses a day of school, even if she can't hear or is so ill she feels like puking!
November 5th, 2010 at 10:02pm