One Of Those Weeks

Oh my goodness, this week has been frustrating! My husband has been in the field this whole week and tomorrow is my 18th birthday. My sister started a fight and raised her hand to hit me. That got blamed on me. Sucks for me, I can't go home because my car hasn't been registered and has no license plate and my husband won't be home until Monday (which he has to work).

Then I tried to talk to him about something that was bothering me and he just didn't understand. He's not great about giving advice that works for me. There's things he says that I wouldn't say. There's things he does that I wouldn't do. It's so frustrating trying to talk about the things that bug me.

Then we got in a fight on the phone. Of course it was my fault because I raised my voice. I just wish he understood. I wish sometimes he'd tell me it wasn't my fault. That I wasn't the one who did anything wrong. My sister tries to hit me and I get in trouble? Of course, my dad takes my side but my mom thinks my sister is nothing short of perfect.

I'm 17. The day after I turned 17, I joined the Marine Corps. I had to leave before boot camp because I got married. Tomorrow, I turn 18. My sister is 22 and has a child and living with my parents? Then they get mad at me for being proud to be going to school so I can be an officer in the military and support myself? How does that work?

I can't wait to be back home, maybe by myself for a day. I'm so frustrated I can hardly stand it. I'm so sick of things always being my fault. I feel like the only people I have on my side is one friend my husband doesn't like, and my dad. If I didn't have those two, I'd probably have broken down by now.

I don't even know what to do anymore.
November 19th, 2010 at 05:23am