Distasteful Disney.

I am honestly appalled at how commercialized classic Disney and Disney in general has become. I think it's wonderful that they are digitally remastering the classic's but I find it very distasteful that they would try an re-capture the magic of the movies by adding extra features and extend versions.

I understand they are trying to make money and advertise Disney and what not, but I'm a little disappointed that my favorites as a kid are slowly becoming sucked up and spewed out in a completely different concept.

As a kid I'd drag my half dead self out of bed every saturday morning at six o'clock to watch Saturday Disney every week without hesitation and I'd watch it for the entire time it was on and even stayed around to watch the Disney movie they played. I was watching it the other day and it was just stupid things like dares, interviews and skating lessons.

How can you even call that Disney? If Walt saw what crap they call Disney today he'd probably turn over in his grave.

I miss the classic Disney and everything Disney was, not a Hannah Montana in sight or a 'Jo Bro', good story line's with completely misleading fairytale hopes.

I'd take my crappy VCR and video tape copy of The Lion King any day.
December 4th, 2010 at 01:19pm