Beauty Killer.

Mall ratting never get's old I tell you, I love going to the shop and just sitting there on a bench and watching people walk in, out and around. I find my best inspiration watching people interact, it's very interesting. I guess it's on the weird side of things but hey whatever.

For example today I was sitting on a bench outside having a smoke when this lady strutted across the parking lot in a pair of heel's and a cocktail dress. This lady wasn't a young lady, early sixties at most and my mates had a bit of a laugh at her.

I continued to watch this woman and then I realized even if she looked ridiculous dressed that way; she was dressed this way because this is what she saw as beautiful. She wanted to be beautiful and this is what she thought looked the best. For the rest of the day I couldn't get the picture of this lady out of my head and it made realize that not matter how different we maybe or what our upbringing was, at one point or another we want to be beautiful.

We change the way we look and we manipulate ourselves to what we want people to see and notice; some good and other not so good. We dress like we do and act these ways because this is what we think is beautiful, I guess you could say I've had a wake up call. Saying I've done something for myself like for example got a haircut; it wasn't solely for me but for what I want everyone else to see about me.

I've preached for years about how I don't care what people think of me, which isn't entirely a lie but it's not the solid truth. I do care what people think, weather I know it or not. We all have different opinion's of what is 'beautiful' and what isn't.

I'll stop this now because it's only becoming more and more a jumble of words then anything else.

But I have a question for you guys, If you could define beautiful; what would YOUR definition of beauty be?

-a m b a, y e a h ?
December 7th, 2010 at 07:57am