Sugar Plum Faries and Chocolate Covered Snow

Image
Image From weheartit.com

Certainty is a lost idea in college. In high school, studying hard guaranteed good grades, and you always knew exactly who to ask for help in every situation. Curling into warm covers on weekends with a nice, thick book was a necessity and not a luxury (and no, I am not talking about my Chemistry textbook). I had no one to answer to except myself, and my parents, which my sad, spoiled little Indian blood will not let me forget. It felt like the world was in the palm of my hands, and I had control of my destiny. Am I old enough to call them the good, old days? I certainly feel like that time is a memory now, like a whisper from an almost-forgotten dream.

Not to sound overly dramatic, but it feels like my world has been pushed into a whirlwind of emotions, decisions, and challenges. I imagine it’s like how Dorothy felt when her house was uprooted by the tornado. Only, she ended up in Wonderland.

If this is what growing up is like, take me back to Candyland and Santa Clause. To Kool Aid in little pouches with straws. To the time when all I had to do was what I loved to do.

So fellow Mibbians, do you feel this way??
December 12th, 2010 at 05:57am