Please, at least try to be relevant//I want comments. You want comments. Therefore, we should swap!

If you're just here for the comment swap, skip to the bottom :)

Yeah. People, when you're reading an article, try to comment with relevance, not with some misguided rant. It gets irratating, when you post an article about religion and how it affects people, and you get a page long rant back about the sins of aethism. It gets irratating, when you post an article about a Republican website, and you get a page long rant back about how Obama sucks. It gets irratating, when you review an album of a musician and you recieve a page long rant back about how that musician sucks as person.

You get the point.

Expressing opinion is good. Expressing opinion is [bi]great! But there is a time, and more importantly, a place for it. Direct your rant to a place where it's actually relevant; Aetheism Haters R Us, Obama Haters R Us, X Musician Haters R Us, I really don't care as long as it's a place where it belongs. If the actual content of the article is not mentioned once in your comment, and you've just gone off on some random tangent or rant about a broader interpretation of the subject of the article, then you might want to rethink posting your comment. It's not that your opinion shouldn't be shared; it's just that it doesn't really connect to the article, and therefore should not be shared there. (Same goes for journal comments, to an extent. I'd love to hear about your day, but...that's not what my journal was about.)

And on a different note, for articles, please leave your disagreements in the comment section. I know, that Mibba doesn't have a reply button, and that your reply might just be so scintillating and they might be just so wrong that you have to make sure they're corrected....but try to refrain from commenting on profiles or PMing people. Because then it's a fight, not a disagreement, and it gets out of control. That doesn't go for direct questions like where you got your sources or where a reader can find more direct info, though.
[/Public Service Announcment that may or may not be a rant]

Comment Swap!
I only accept drabbles, oneshots, and stories under two chapters. If you have a longer story though, I'm willing to swap on one or two specific chapters of it :)
You may swap on any story of mine you wish; Just Breathe needs a lot of love, though. And it's extremely short, if that's a bonus for you :D
You get what you give.
Don't be afraid to give me negative criticism.
Comment on one story, I commment on one story of yours. Comment on five, I comment on five of yours, and so on.
I'd prefer original fics, but I'll live if it's fanfic.
If I don't get back to you immediatley, don't worry; I haven't forgotten you, I just had to attend to my duties in the real world.
December 19th, 2010 at 11:48pm