Some of you might disagree with this, but I think the fact I got into 3 clubs whilst underage is something I should be very proud of.(Also -- 18th's?)

I forgot to tell you -- I have Formspring now.

Image
I love this photo. Just look how much of a fail it is. Brilliant!

So New Years was eventful. I amazed everyone by getting into every single club despite the fact I'm underage (this won't be the case in less than a month guys ;D). This is impressive because the town we went to is oddly strict for this area of the country. I had my half-sister's ID but she's 26 and doesn't look much like me at all.

Got ready round Libby's.

Image

We had pre-drinks but they did nothing for me, whereas Libby was already jelly-legged by the time her stepdad dropped us into town, and so in need of the toilet that her drunken wining made everyone else in the queue laugh at us.We queued to get into Lloyds first and met up with Becki and Naomi there. Lloyds is sort of 70's themed. Took forever to get in. The bouncer we really beady eyed with the ID's and I was pretty worried cos everyone was telling me that there was noway he'd let me in. But there were some men in their late 20's behind me and so I asked if I could go in with them, so the whole 26 thing was more believable. They said they had my back, and one ushered me in with him and even paid for me so it looked really believable I was with him -- the bouncer didn't check my ID at all! It was an incredibly kind act. Stranger's can be so lovely.

Image

I was upset that Tess didn't come with us. She chose to be with her boyfriend rather than me this year :( But I saw her sister and her friends there, which was awesome cos I haven't seen them since they left for uni.

We did the New Years countdown in Lloyds, and I drank 1 vodka & coke, 1 pure vodka shot, and 1 jagerbomb there, and left still pretty much sober which was a pain. I didn't exactly have loads of money on me.

We left Lloyds and went to Fever next. As we queued I went back to worrying about my ID again, and we decided it best if I walked in after the rest of them. The bouncer was carefully checking everyone's ID's and I was like It'll be fine, just act like you have nothing to hide! I decided to walk in as If I wasn't expecting him to ID me. It actually worked, cos the bouncer was momentarily distracted, and I slunk past, behind some 30 year old with a really bored look on my face and then the bouncer noticed me but didn't even question me. It was amazing and think I became like the first under-18 year old to ever get into two clubs without being ID'd in that town, or something. Everyone in my year who was at fever and saw me was quite shocked I was there.

Image
Libby, Becki and me.

Image
Libby, Me. Libby looked so gorgeous that night.

I didn't enjoy Fever much, because I lost everyone. And being alone when you're not that drunk is never fun. I bought a Vodka & Redbull, and a Vodka & Coke there which helped quite a bit eventually though. I had to leave Libby because she was kinda getting with a guy and it was awkward as hell. I lost Becki and Naomi too.Eventually Becki and I found each other but then lost each other again whilst she looked for Naomi. But then I found Libby and so me and her just decided to go to The C-House without them.

I was so close to not making it into the C-House. I actually had to show ID this time and the guy was looking at it with some skepticism. But then the other guy asked if I was friends with the girl who just went in, because she'd dropped some make-up. I was like 'Oh no! I'll make sure to give it to her!', took my ID and then dashed in. I really enjoyed the C-House. We met up with Nicola, a close friend of Libby's. She's the one being sick in the sink in the photo at the top:) Aww.

And whilst she was sick, me and Libby took photo's of ourselves of course :D

Image

I believe I had a beer and possibly yet another vodka and coke, and another Jagerbomb in the C-House. I was fairly drunk after that. The club closed at about 4am-ish, so we left then. Me, Libby, Nicola and her sort-of boyfriend, Sean, sat on the bank steps in town as Libby called to book a taxi, but they weren't taking bookings. And then these two guys from Zambia came over and kept trying to give us money which was a bit strange, but Libby took a fiver after much insistence. They were worried about us getting home safely, apparently. Their name's were Jacob and Ng-ongue. :):)

Jacob was so worried about our welfare infact, that he ran off insisting he had to get a 'plan' for us. Whilst we waited, Libby made Ng-ongue give her a footrub. Jacob came back like 20 minutes later, saying he failed to get any plan. Whatever that actually meant. And then this drunk 50 year old man staggered by and laid down in the road, so we rescued him.

The Zambian guys took our numbers and walked us to the taxi place. Jacob with his arm around me which was uncomfortable, but I was too drunk too be too bothered if i'm honest. He's not good at speaking English, so when he took my number, he wrote my name down as 'Steve'. Then they forced more money upon us, when we realised we had a lot less than we needed. So I hugged Jacob as a thank you and gave him a kiss on the cheek, which he seemed to think meant he was allowed to then dive in for a snog. But I quickly jumped back, and into the front seat of the cab whilst everyone -- even the taxi driver -- laughed at me.

Image

The taxi driver was great. His name was Alan, and he wasn't at all perverted which makes a nice change. He was so cool. He should be in some sort of punk-rock band. We chatted about New Years, and he said he was happy because he got to see his wife for 5 minutes at least between his rounds, which I thought was lovely. He has two children and another one on the way. He found Libby hilarious cos she told him to go the quick route so we could be back at hers for 3ish, but it was already 5ish.

The whole journey Libby kept complaining she was gonna be sick. Alan said if she's sick in the car it's an £100 fine. By the time we reached her house at about 5.30, she no longer felt sick, but Nicola then dashed out the car and threw up into Libby's neighbour's garden. Libby said it's fine because her neighbours are always looking for something to do. Alan actually waited and watched whilst in a fit of laughter the whole time.


And that's was my new years. My 18th is on February 1st. I don't know what to do for it. Clubbing would be nice but some of my closest friends -- Tann, Tess and Jess won't be old enough and i'd like them to be celebrating with me. It looks like I might have to have a house party but i'll only do it if my parents agree to be absent. Also I never know who to invite.

Suggestions?

I mean what are you gonna do for your 18th? Or if you've already had your 18th what did you do and how did it go?

Do you enjoy going out on the town or is it not really your thing?
January 3rd, 2011 at 11:39pm