Stand still you damn clock!

Isn't it insane how fast time flies when all you want is for it to stay still? All throughout your childhood you wish to grow older faster, but now that its here I think we all wish we could take those wishes back, and go back to the days we played with our barbies or race cars, ate candy like we though we couldn't get it down fast enough, and the hardest homework assignment we had was coloring in shapes and finding rhyming words.

And we all waited anxiously for the day we could go to high school and become "teenagers". Our "sweet 16's" and homecoming dances, varsity football games, and graduation.

I cant even tell you how long Ive been counting down to graduation. I remember sitting there when I was 13 years old saying " Only 5 more years and Ill be free." but now I'm sitting here at 16 thinking how dumb I was to wish to get older instead of enjoying being a kid. I wont ever get those years back and it kind of saddens me.

I only have a little over two years of high school left. Next year, I plan on going to Tri Star (a tech school type thing) for my Med Prep courses that ill take both my junior and senior year, so ill be gone for half the day everyday. Its going to be so weird being away from my friends. Its like... I'm slowly losing them. I know we will one day graduate and half to go our own ways but Its all coming so fast, and Ill admit. Its kinda scary.

Our whole lives are going to change next year when we become juniors and we cant stop it. The best thing we can do is just make the best of the time we still have together and make as many memories as possible. It realy is crazy that this whole thing is almost over for us.

haha sorry for the ramble, it just all kind of came out.
January 25th, 2011 at 02:20am