The Day of Swallowed Pride [ ASG/NHL]

I officially dubb today, the day of swallowed pride. Being the huge hockey fan, I watched the All Star Fantasy Draft tonight. Staal definetly was thinking more 'please the people' than play the game... but anywho. I still wanted 'my boys' to be on his team. On the otherhand there's lindstrom (I refuse to capitalize his name). Being what I refer to as a dead wing he shall never get my full support EVER. An avid Av's fan shall never truly cheer for one such as him. ;) But, as many players pointed out today, Pride must often be swallowed and I must take my dose as well. Matt Duchene AND Kevin Shattenkirk are on Team lindstrom so i guess I must compromise some.

When Matt was one of the last left, i was sure he'd be last or something. Is it bad for me to want him to be last? He'd get a car and ALOT of money for a charity of his choice. Then he got picked and Stastny missed the extras by one pick. Separated from Duchene and on the non dead wing captained team I hope the best for him, but i know where my loyalties stand.

Anyone else watch the ASG fantasy draft or watching the ASG? I'm SUPER looking forward to the Sedins against eachother... good stuff. :)
January 29th, 2011 at 07:02am