Super-happy kinda journalist but not really (more coherent inside, I swear)

I'm writing the news for my school's website - I had to interview one of the music teachers about the spring music concert, I wrote the answers on a sticky note and all, but I felt like an actual journalist. It was awesome.

I was surprised they even wanted me to write the news for their website - but then my drama teacher (who does the writing for the site) said that apparently my English teacher and others from the English department said that I was very talented and had a very mature writing style, so... yayness for me!

I'll stop bragging now.

***

You can skip this part of the journal if you wish to get to the questions at the end ;D I just want to say something about my day.

So today was really good, aside from the journalism thing, I found out something really... good. For some reason two of the people in my class decided it was a good idea to ask my kind-of boyfriend "Do you want to kiss Dakota?" (and I believe them when they say this) and he replied with "Yes, but in my own time."

I think that's pretty reassuring but maybe I'm just hoping too much, I don't know.

Also my History teacher is awesome. We were supposed to write this essay about agriculture in medieval times and I lost the sources sheet so I had absolutely no idea what to write about. I wrote it anyway, and added a note at the end explaining why my essay was so terrible, and he was really nice about it. He didn't mark the essay and said I was allowed to rewrite it. In my note of explanation somewhere I wrote "I apologize for writing this the night before it was due, but other homework unfortunately took priority over this essay." He did a little reply to it "Was this a tactful comment under the circumstances?" I LOL'd. He really was nice about it, though, so yay again.

In History at the moment we're doing this drama-type thing, and two people in my group weren't in so me and my friends Eilidh and Laura couldn't do much work (and we weren't really going to work hard anyway) so we were mainly just talking whilst Eilidh wrote a tiny bit of our script. So then my kind-of boyfriend decides to steal my planner, knowing it would be filled with fangirly doodles about attractive English Youtubers which he could tease me about. So I jump up out of my seat and try to get my planner off him, then my History teacher says "Is this a new courting process?"

I can't help but think that that makes him an awesome teacher.

Yeah, there's one more thing I want to say - which is more ranty (you have been warned).

There's this guy - we'll call him Pegasus McDonald, for the sake of anonymity. So Pegasus McDonald used to be a guy friend of mine about a year ago, then he started to stir up sh*t and act generally annoying so our friendship is pretty much over. I'll still be civil and say hi to him and all, but we're not friends. We were outside of our French class, I was doing last-minute French homework and Pegasus McDonald was kind of loitering outside of the classroom as well. We were speaking but not having a conversation about anything in particular and then he says, out of the blue:

"I don't think -my kind-of boyfriend's name- likes you very much."

You might be thinking, "Well that doesn't mean anything - what does he know?" except that Pegasus McDonald is my kind-of boyfriend's best friend, so he knows a lots of personal stuff etc.

But I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

***

I assume that you scrolled through all that ^^

Question time!

1. Did you read through my whole journal?
2. Righty or Lefty?
3. Opinion on my day?
4. Do you like watermelon?
5. Cats or dogs?

This was a super long journal.

Kthxbai
Unneeded intricacy
February 8th, 2011 at 11:05pm