Song of the Day: 02.12.11 (GD part 1)

So, I know, I know, I’ve been gone for more than a week, but I’ve been working on preparing my next SOTD’s! So, the next 10 SOTD’s are pretty much done, just have to post them! :]

Now, it was mentioned before in my comments that Green Day would be tackled at some point. Now, since I cannot just… pick my favorite Green Day song, that would be murder for me, I think, I’ve decided to take it album by album! And that’s what I’ve been working on! I’m going to give you my GD history/how I got into them when I get to that album since it would make sense to do so then. :]

Then I can start on doing my SOTD’s for whatever song I’ve been obsessed about! :]

So, today’s SOTD is going to be from Green Day’s 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours. I love this album. I got it… a few years ago and it reminds me of my early teenage years because on the old [url=www.geekstinkbreath.net]GSB[/url] there was a music player that played this album and I’d listen to it on repeat for hours a day!

Thus, the album reminds me of my first online community experiences, but there’s certain songs that I love from it now and that remind me specifically of those times.

So number one is I Was There. This was the first song that would play (I think) on that music player. I think it is one of the best songs off of that album. It just holds a lot of memories of me talking/writing Journals on GSB and reading stories. It’s just…. Nostalgia.



Now, I obviously couldn’t choose just ONE song from this album. If your surprised, I’m surprised that your surprised. XD

So number two is: Disappearing Boy. I can relate to what I think the meaning of this song is, especially back then and it’s another song that sticks out from that music player. I remember specifically talking to Yeah, That’s Me!, Inari and Moonlight Lady (usernames were from then…) on GSB to this song.

Again, it’s one of the best songs on that album. :]



Question Time!:

1. Have you heard 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours? What is your favorite song from 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours?

2. Were any of you on the old GSB when it was around and remember the music player I’m talking about?

3. What do you think of the today’s SOTD? Do you like the songs? Do you have any recommendations or anything for future SOTD’s?
February 13th, 2011 at 02:31am