February 23, 2011

I'm returning from a semi-departure started last October. If anyone noticed.

I guess I just want to start anew. I have a new profile layout, two new stories and a one-shot; the only thing the same about this account is the username I've had for two years. I even thought about a username change, but I don't think I can. I like my Cocorosie reference. This is kind of just an update journal. It's mostly just for me, but I wouldn't mind conversing with the rest of the lovely Mibbians out there. Really.

I recently finished (finally) judging my second contest (technically my third, but no one entered the second one...) and I'd kind of like to do another. I need to get in the habit of scheduling contests, not just starting them. I'm actually very proud of the contestants because they are so awesome and patient. The contest ended in October and I just finished judging it... I'm not the best timekeeper.

I posted the first two parts of my new story Prose of a Masochist and I have to say, it's already giving me trouble. I've never been in an abusive relationship and I don't know anyone who has, so my reference is off I think. I'm writing it predominately from the male perspective and I really like the feel of him, but I don't think he's as masochistic as he should be. Then again, I haven't planned the characters out fully.

My second story is a zombie story, if anyone is interested. Better Off Dead: A Story of Teenage Wisdom is on its third chapter right now. I'm writing it for a contest, and it's going smooth so far. I have until April to finish it. I just hope I don't forget about it. I've never written anything gory before, so I'm treading lightly.

The last one-shot I posted is a new installment in the Nash Jackson Series, called Miles Gone East and was also written for a contest. It actually placed in Honorable Mention, which makes me very happy. I rarely win any contests on Mibba, so even being Honorable Mention excites me. I'm still giddy over it.

That's it for the update for now. I'd like to try and keep these up, even if I'm just journaling for myself. I don't want any controversy and I'm going to stick to that pledge this time.
February 23rd, 2011 at 09:31pm