we'll party like it's our last day

so on the 27 of february i went to soundwave festival in sydney :)
i hung out with many awesome people and saw many amazing bands live.
even though i missed every avenue,breathe carolina, sum 41, new found glory, the amity affliction and bring me the horizon it was still an amazing day.
the bands i got to see were The Starting Line, The Gaslight Anthem, This Town Needs Guns, We The Kings, There For Tomorrow, The Rocket Summer, Slash, Never Shout Never, 30 Seconds To Mars, Foxy Shazam, Mad Caddies, The Maine, The Blackout, Mayday Parade, Third Eye Blind and Iron Maiden.
it rained off and on all day but i didnt care.

i met the maine and after i almost hyperventilated because they are one of my favourite bands and i've been waiting for them to come over here for almost three years. they are the nicest guys :) i got hugs off all of them and had a conversation with pat :)
i also met mayday parade :) nicest bunch of guys.

i went in the mosh pit for we the kings and it was amazing :) you couldnt tell that travis wasnt feeling well.

i went in the mosh pit for the maine and it took four days to recover from my injuries, it was that intense. seeing them live was like a dream come true, their music got me through my senior years of high school. when they finished and i got out of the mosh i seriously felt like i needed to have a shower, i was covered in sweat and water.

mayday parade went off. some people were crowd surfing, two guys did back flips off of poles. the blackout were on before mayday and they were amazing, i didnt go into the mosh because they were straight after the maine. there for tomorrow were amazing too. third eye blind were amazing, foxy shazam were awesome, i never heard of them before until i saw them at soundwave. their set was so entertaining, someone tried to pick me up during their set as well lol. all the other bands were amazing as well :)

overall soundwave was a great first festival experience and i cant wait for next years one :)
March 1st, 2011 at 01:03pm