A f*ck off would have been nicer.

I am honestly so let down by my older sister, hell I never would of thought she would so damn selfish but boy was I wrong. Kim, my older sister offered to take me to the soundwave this year as a birthday present; but I had to pay for my own ticket, flights and accommodation which I did simply because I love the bands attending and I thought it was worth every penny.

So, I purchased and organized my flights, accommodation, etc and paid near $2,000 of the money I had been saving up for a good part of 10 months. All the while I find out that she had invited eight of her friends and there cousin to come along too, which I wasn’t keen on considering it was supposed to be for me but I once again sucked it up.

That wasn’t half of it though, my mum flew down to see her and my nephews for two weeks and then I find out that she had only intentions of leaving me at some gig set up while she saw the one’s she liked which was cool I mean I’m a big girl I can look after myself but then she tells me I have to sleep on a mattress on the floor of the room I was half paying for since her friends need somewhere to bunk; once again I sucked it up.

Only then did my mum put her foot down when Kim decided that she was leaving me all by myself in the hotel room the two nights we’re there so she and her mates could drink by telling her that she promised to take me to the soundwave not all her friends.

She even convinced me to sell my $180 ticket to her friend since I wasn’t going.

So she then rings me up in January and says “Oh I can’t take you because I can’t get time of work” I was disappointed and down about it but I understood and said aright; I couldn’t even get a refund on any of the money I’d spent.

But what really made me feel horrible was when I found she went anyway with her friends and then lied and said she didn’t which she did because there’s photo of her drinking and having a great ole time in front of the All That Remains gig.

I could deal with being let down and left alone in a place I hardly knew as my birthday present but did she honestly need to be so selfish? I mean if she had of asked me not to come because she wanted to have a few drinks and a good time with her friends I might of understood but the llying part was just mean.

So my week’s been horrible and downright disappointing, so how was your experience with the soundwave?

-a m b a, y e a h?
March 4th, 2011 at 06:51am