crackfics and crack pairings

Hey guys, so I was wondering what all you guys thought of crackfics and crack pairings. If you guys don’t know what those are, they’re basically stories and pairings that are meant to be impossible and insane and are just sort of thrown together for the sake of the story.

Have you ever written or read any? I’m not sure if I’m a fan or not. There’s a thread on the Tips forum that goes through some of the weirdest pairings that someone has ever read and I read over those and I know that I could never bring myself to read most of those pairings, but I could definitely handle crack fics that have plausible couples, like they would fit together as people, but they’ve just never been given the chance to meet. I’ve read a cracky pairing that dru wrote and it was Ryan Ross and Gerard Way and they’re close enough as people to make the relationship work, it’s thought-out and whatnot so I enjoyed that.

I’ve never personally written a crackfic but I could probably see myself writing one at some point. I’ve been thinking of actually writing a Ryan Ross fic with an original character that would be entirely based on John Lennon. I couldn’t ever actually bring myself to do Ryan Ross/John Lennon. ::tehe:

Anyway, what are your guys’ thoughts? If you have written one, how do you go about it? Do you enjoy reading them?
March 27th, 2011 at 07:05pm