Lovers Are Haters.

A friend of mine has just been dumped, and I offer my remorse to him. We all know how it feels to be dating someone for a while, and then they suddenly break up with you. It’s not pretty. We feel like shit and wonder if it was something we did, or something we said sometimes we even wonder if it was something we didn’t do.

It’s hard not knowing why they didn’t want us, and it makes you think, if they didn’t want us, then who ever would, but some say that knowing is even worse.

What happened to my friend was harsh. His girlfriend decided to end things with him, and that’s alright because it happens, but she did it in the worst possible way. She was I.M’ing him over Facebook, and she took the liberty of telling him then. I’m not going to lie, he was heartbroken, but when I asked him how he was holding up, he said he was angry. He told me it was Karma’s way of telling him that he was an ass for doing the exact same thing to me, and it’s torturing him inside.

For everyone who is reading this, I insist that if you are going to break up with that special someone, do it to their face and don’t coward out, no matter how hard it is to do. They will forgive you for breaking their hearts if you tell them face to face, and appreciate you so much more for telling them the truth.

I am no relationship expert, mainly because I’ve only had about two serious boyfriends in my short life and they both consisted with me in tears over being dumped via the internet, but I do like to think that I know what I’m talking about when it comes to breaking up with someone. Sure, it’s hard and you are going to cry and feel like shit when these things happen, but you have to remember that there is always going to be someone out there that will hold you and make you feel better. Besides, if that person is going to break your heart, he or she isn’t worth getting upset over. They obviously weren’t the one.

Please give me your thoughts, and of course if you need to say anything about a bad relationship that you have been through, you are more than welcome.
(P.S I don’t mention names purely because I don’t think it’s right)
March 30th, 2011 at 11:28am