The dreaded iPod icon of death

I was on my way home today, rocking out to the new Sum 41 album (which is super good, by the way), and when I walked in my house my iPod stopped playing in the middle of a song. Confused, I pulled it out of my pocket just in time to see this:

Image

I understand that I have had this iPod for a long time and it has served me faithfully, but this was still a very upsetting message to see when I was hoping to be listening to some rockin' tunes.

I am a starving student, and I cannot afford another one. Not to mention the fact that I just quit my job. But I can't possibly regret that, because I hated my job more than birds. And let me tell you, I hate birds. School is over in a month, and I'll have to get a summer job, so hopefully I can make enough money to replace my deceased iPod. Rest in peace, my love. I will try to survive the bus rides without you.

In other news, I have two new roommates. That means there are five people living in a three bedroom house. Did I mention that one of the new roommates is the brother of the one roommate that I hate? But in a month the two of them are moving out. I just have to tough it out for awhile longer. I'll be spending most of my time in my bedroom studying and finishing term papers anyways. And watching Buffy. My God, do I love Buffy. Actually, I love Spike. But that's another issue entirely.

Last night I was in my room, proof reading the music term paper that I had to hand in today. I came downstairs to get a glass of water around eleven, and I smelled something weird in the kitchen. Remember those roommates I hate? Yeah, they left the oven on. And both of them had been in bed for over an hour. If I hadn't gone down to get water, who knows what could have happened?

One more month. That's becoming my mantra to make it through everyday. Just one more month.
April 1st, 2011 at 03:20am