Day Of Silence.

Read here.

On Friday I'm going to be participating in that. I did it last year, created a t-shirt & wore duct tape over my mouth all day. Had it not been for the duct tape, no body really would've noticed. This year is my first year of high school. Since I wasn't sure how okay the school would've been with students wearing duct tape, I decided to email my principal and ask if it was okay.

Sadly, it won't be. He said that we can do it without duct tape & if an administrator asks us a question we have to answer. Since there's going to be very few people actually participating in it, it's basically going to go un-noticed, which really sucks. I was hoping there would be a GSA meeting before this week but there wasn't, so nothing could be planned.

So basically, no one outside of my group of friends is going to realize anything is going on & my friends aren't going to give a damn & are probably gonna be focused on trying to make me talk just like they were last year.

I was really hoping to be able to wear the duct tape. If you saw somebody walking around your school with duct tape on their mouth wouldn't you want to know what was up? Last year everyone knew what was going on because we were walking around wearing duct tape. Although this school is much bigger, it would definitely cause some attention & lots of questions.

I'm kinda like. I don't even know. I really want to do this, but what's the point going to be if no one's even going to know about it?
April 12th, 2011 at 09:20pm