Mosh Pit Dream

Every setting was set out in a recluse house with prairie surrounding it, generally, unless the setting is described otherwise.

Rae’s mom went to a mental hospital. I remember all of it, I had to battle her. She was coming at me in the kitchen with a knife and I had to hit her in the face with the back of the freezer door several times before she finally lost grip of the knife and I could grab it. I remember the next day, everyone huddled around and she was as normal as I’d ever seen her. She was protective, but she had a little child’s guilt on her side, and she wasn’t cured at all. She eyed him and he eyed back. Something else happened with this, I think another battle of sorts, but I don’t recall enough.

We could stop time, so we came into some sort of business meaning. I think I felt amazing for it. Because I knew everything. There were other characters than just the guys. And an official was about to tell someone I was walking with about the new time stopping meeting they could sit in on. Brian- I think it was him- says “Oh, she knows everything.” The guy had paused and stared at me, waiting for me to leave before he could continue, so Brian had to clarify. I said, “Yeah, I know everything,” then grinned, all “ha ha!” like. We’d gotten into the meeting soon enough (we had run past isles of a grocery store for this, someone was being interrogated and tortured in a cleaning isle). We had only 29 minutes and some odd seconds to peer into this meeting. But we stood at the back, unable to be seen. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the tiny welcome rug at a random door to the left to look right. I scuffed it with my shoe, I think, and everything in time has that butterfly effect. We had a certain amount of time we could get ready to just stand and watch and the damn rug was preventing us. We had no time- we had to go. We all piled into the room behind the meeting (it looked like an interrogation room without the table and chairs) and, two minutes after, we had to run! We were running out, then out of the meeting, then through the doors. Everyone in that meeting saw us, they all looked so befuddled. We were running flights and flights and flights up stairs and it was pitch black. The stairs seemed to have no end and we were in the middle of the sky, the night, pitch black sky. Then there were people below us. Crowds of people were in circle pits, but no one was moshing and there were no bands playing or anything. We all had to jump because the stairs had come to an end. I don’t even know why we were running… We jumped, three people died in the mass of the crowd. They jumped too early, or their suspenders didn’t hold them long enough. Mine didn’t either, but a bunch of people caught me. Soon everyone came down, five or six of them with rainbow parachutes and the sky was lit up a light blue again. Then, I’m pretty sure it was Eddie Van Halen (or not, it was some iconic old school star, though) appeared and gave the most amazing performance ever, right in the middle of the pit. In the same setting (without all the people), but I don’t recall when or how, I remember running past a guy I liked flying a broom. I could run faster and I was trying to impress him (this could have been at the very end of the dream, I can’t remember well enough).

Jimmy was sat at a bench, then suddenly (though he was feet away so I couldn’t hear, but only see), he broke into tears. He stood and sped walked, wanting to go further so no one could see, but I already had. So I went to see him, and I thought I was alone, but others came as well. We all sat on a bench, Jimmy in the center, me next to Jimmy and Brian on my other side. They made a joke, I’m pretty sure it was sexist, mocking that- they weren’t actually sexist. I was the only girl and I said “I’ll be in on the joke later.” That joke was the only one that made Jimmy smile, all of our attempts failed. He had a deck of cards and stones. He kept going on about how they were basically magical and that he wrote on every card, he wrote everything. (I remember him also telling me something about when he used to be friends with my brother.)That’s when I woke up.
April 13th, 2011 at 06:08am