Religion

Religion has become very important. I say, “has become” because it was not as important in biblical history. You see, religion and Jesus Christ are very different. Religion concerns man’s spiritual beliefs in regards to the Bible, Jesus Christ, God, how you can receive salvation, etc.
If you have not claimed a specific religious group to partake of, I would encourage you to do so. I am not telling you to do so that you may engross yourself in religion, I am telling you this so that you and whoever you may share your faith with, may have a clear and detailed picture of what you believe. The best way to claim a faith would be to (1) examine, (2) research, (3) compare, and (4) claim. Examine what you believe, research the beliefs of other faiths, compare your results, and claim your conclusion in regards to the faith you are closes.
I will do my best to help you. Here are four common religious groups to get you started:
Christian Science: The belief that the universe is known and controlled primarily by the human mind. In addition, it is the belief that death is the cause of someone allowing his mind to believe it is dead: death is inevitable unless the mind is led to believe otherwise. Lastly, there is no literal heaven or hell; they are not real places but rather conditions of the mind. Therefore, death is not actually a life-ending activity. They say that our spirit will one day be reunited with God. Sin is non-existent. Man gets to God on his own merit.
Mormonism: The belief that salvation is esteemed by faith and good works, and most importantly, Mormon baptism. God is said to have been a man who achieved a great deal of respect, honor, and divine stature; He is believed to have a physical body. Jesus Christ, who is separate from God, is said to have been a man who displayed moral and lawful excellence. It is said that He was the result of Mary and Elohim’s sexual union. Heaven consists of three levels: celestrial, tarrestial, and telestial. One’s faith and works will determine his eternal destination. Christ will be the judge. Only the faithful will abide in the highest level.
Judaism: The belief that salvation is received by obeying the law as
best as possible. God is described as being a Spirit with supreme power and

1
authority. Jesus Christ is known by the Jews to be either a misled rabbi or a
dangerous revolutionary. He is not said to be the Messiah as the Old Testament promised. In addition, repentance is practiced and respected; Jews are told to repent of wrong behaviors and live morally.
Christianity: The belief that no one can come to the Father except through the Son, Jesus Christ. Sin separates man from God, but repentance allows man a relationship with Him. You can receive salvation by admitting to God that you are a sinner, believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and confessing your faith in Jesus as your savior and your Lord. In addition to repentance, praying and reading the Bible are very significant. It is important to stay in communion with Christ; you can do this by praying. It is also important for you to receive a clear understanding of who Jesus and God are, you can do this by reading the Scriptures. It is also the belief that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save humanity from their sins.
In conclusion, you must figure out what you believe on your own because no one else can make that decision for you. However, remember, it is not about religion, it is about a relationship with Jesus Christ.
April 24th, 2011 at 02:27pm