Does anyone have any answers?

D’you think it’s possible for two people to become friends, and then continue to get closer and closer to one another and still not fall in love?

I mean, suppose there’s this person with whom you have everything in common. You understand them, and they understand you. With every passing day that you’re together, you become ever closer, digging into one another’s memories, learning their whys and hows, finding their weaknesses and strengths, and more. Not every day is great, but every minute is worth it.

D’you think it’s possible for you to remain just friends? Or is love inevitable? Does love just happen, or does it have to be initiated by one side of the party?

Do you think it’s possible for a relationship to remain static? To freeze one way and never ever change again? Can two childhood friends still have the same level of friendship ten years later? Or does that relationship have to change, whether it be for the worse or for the better?

I don’t know why I’m asking these questions. I suppose I just want to know if the past could have ended up differently, and if it could have been, I want to know who is at fault for the result.

I want to know if I have a hand in the way my future friendships and relationships end up.

I want to know if it’s possible to have a close friend when I want one and a friend-turned-lover when I want more. I want to know what I have to do in order to get that.
May 4th, 2011 at 01:34am