Uncle Buck

Image


He's crude, and he's crass. But he's family.

That says it all for me.

This is a great movie, and I especially like the part with Miles and Buck sitting at the table, and Miles asks him questions about his life on the basis that "I'm a kid. That's my job". And I applaud the great performance of the late John Candy as Buck Russell. He made this film what it was, and I am deeply saddened by his death. He will be missed terribly.

Uncle Buck is a film that will live on for ages, and the performances are terrific, especially Macaulay Culkin's as Miles Russell. (This was before Home Alone in 1990 when he became famous as Kevin McCallister overnight.)

I like John Candy, and he did a great job as the title character in this film. He taught us all to appreciate life, live it well, and laugh often every day. That was his philosophy about life, too. Plus, his character Buck learns what it means to be a family man and to raise kids too.

I especially like how Miles and Maizy (played by Gaby Hoffmann) are able to warm up to Buck so easily, too. It's so heartwarming. And I love how Buck and Tia sparred verbally with each other before they finally warmed up to each other, and Tia apologizes to him for being so spiteful to him.


Image
May 4th, 2011 at 04:45pm