A Stranger I Loved

September 08, 2010

It was the third day of school when we were in the library. He noticed my black bracelets and wanted to trade me one of my black ones for one of his white ones. I thought this was funny, and I'd always wanted a white one, so I did. We didn't talk or anything, but I considered him a nice person.
He absolutely hated school. Well, I suppose he did, since that's all the class would usually hear from him. He seems like he didn't have a great relationship with his parents either.
I liked his smile. I remember I asked him what kind of music he liked as part of my survey for Algebra, and he wrote "Metal". This made me very happy, since metal was the most preferred on my list. It was biased anyhow. I guess I cheated by mostly asking my friends.
I thought that he was easy to get along with if you know how. I noticed he did, in fact, smile a lot. I guess I was one of the extremely few people who noticed him. Who actually cared, even though I have never said more than ten words to the boy.
His name is John. He wasn't in class yesterday or today. I thought that the guy who sits behind me was joking when he told me that John was put in an Insane Hospital. I almost told him not to joke about bad things like that, then I saw the look in his eye. He was serious. I needed to make sure. "What?" was my reply. He said, "Yeah, he was put in there. He tried to kill himself."
I just nodded and turned around, my mouth, I assume, was gaping open.
Talk circled around about him before class was about to be dismissed and school would end. I usually don't talk in class, and my teacher knows I'm a good, quiet student, but I could tell that she knew I was upset. I didn't make eye contact with anyone or anything. I stared at my desk for what seemed like forever. I glanced up and saw her looking at me. She then told everyone to stop talking about what happened with John. I grinned to myself from the fact I'm not the only one who cared.
After school, I didn't make eye contact with anyone. I ran into my boyfriend's arms, and told him what happened. He was just as awe-stricken as me. He actually knew John. He didn't let go of me, and assured me it will all be okay.

This all happened to me less than seven hours ago.
I'm not taking John's bracelet off. I care too much about this stranger.
May 15th, 2011 at 06:09am