Venting...

Ok so.
He and I broke up about a month ago after dating long distance for 9 months. He broke up with me via email out of the blue after beginning his move to KC from Mexico. He's currently still in SC with his mom. The breakup was completely random and not entirely thought through on his end. I know this because we started talking again -- a lot -- a week later.

So here's the thing.
I still like him. I think. And I know he still likes me. A lot. But we agreed that we wouldn't get back together while it's still long distance because, quite frankly, it sucks. We ended up basically acting like we were dating anyway, with all the flirting and cutesy coupley stuff online.
I had a problem with this for a few reasons, which I expressed to him on Friday. I told him that I felt that since we're NOT currently dating, it's a problem for us to act like we are. It wasn't guarding our hearts and it was making the distance incredibly difficult to deal with.

But apparently that got translated to "Avoid Becca like the plague" because he has not said anything to me since then, except to reply to my comment on one of his statuses just now. I know I need to let him just deal with this on his own because I know I had to say what I said. I'm not going to apologize for saying it, though I never meant for it to cause so much apparent grief for him. I tagged him in a note last night, which he untagged apparently half a second after I posted it. I tagged him in a status today which was ONLY visible to him because I really had no other way to get the message to him. He just untagged it.

I know he has a reason to be hurt. I get that. I'm not trying to be petty or pushy or whatever because I know what I said wasn't what he wanted to hear. But this is just pissing me off. Like... Seriously, dude? I never said I didn't want to talk to him anymore. He knows how much I hate not talking to him. I only said the coupley cutesy stuff needs to stop for a while, and he agreed when I gave him my reasons. It wasn't just a "oh, I don't want to flirt anymore so you should stop." I had a serious reason, which I explained to him. I didn't even pin anything on him. I know it's a 2 way street, and it's something we both need to be responsible for. He told me he'd try and monitor what he says from now on, based on my explanation. I didn't think that meant he'd just avoid me until God knows when.

I don't even know why I'm so pissed off already. It's only been two days. I know this might take some time. But SERIOUSLY.

UGH.
May 23rd, 2011 at 02:22am