Ash clouds and the Olympic games - oh dear...

So, my friends, it has happened again. We have, yet another, ash cloud from Iceland. Personally, I reckon it is rebelling against price cuts in the frozen food isle..oh no hold on... that's the other Iceland. Well, this time, the geeks over that the met office reckon that the particles are bigger so they will fall to ground faster and will have less of an effect. Yeah, yeah, you're just saying that so that when the cloud is found to be harmless, they can go "Well, gee I dunno. All the bits must have disappeared!" And now, Ryan-air have decided to take a 'test flight' right into the middle of the ash cloud. What they actually mean is that they took an empty carrier plane up to the edge of it and then turned round most likely, anything not to loose 5 million bucks a day, but then again who can blame them.

And then, oh whoops. The Olympics. Well, for starters, comedians everywhere might have slightly red faces when the stadium is actually built on time, as it looks as if it could be. But then again, being millions of pounds over budget should ensure that. Now, we have the tour of the Olympic flame, which must be lit by the sun in Olympia in Greece. Now, call me nuts and off my head, but how on earth are you supposed to keep a flame alight on a plane trip? Never mind the fact that you're moving at 300 mph, I think Health and Safety will have one large field trip on that one! Then what are you going to do when you are crossing to Ireland on the ferry? Have you ever been on a ferry? It's enough to keep your own head screwed on most days, without worrying about a flame as well. So what is the Olympic team's plan if the flame goes out? Light it using one of the spares. Spares??? I thought the flame was supposed to represent hope and peace and individuality. How can it represent individuality if there are multiples of it?

So there's my rant folks. Enjoy.
May 25th, 2011 at 03:37am