Skinny vs Plus Sized: Battle of the Light

So I write a blog called My Life in Israel:From New York to Israel. I think the title is pretty self explanatory.
www.fronny-israel.blogspot.com or on facebook: http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/my_life_in_israel_from_new_york_to_israel/

Anyway I recently posted a blog entry a few months ago about the new fad of skinny being ugly and unnatural that I later posted on here. Just yesterday I posted a follow up post (with a picture but Mibba says no pictures) that I decided to post here. To see the photo please go to either of the links above.
I would have loved to post this as an article but again Mibba.
The first paragraph isnt so much important.

Well I Need To Update
Hey guys. Wow over a month. This is the perfect example of procrastination. Good news I have a list of things I want to talk about. You guys are lucky; I now have a few things to write about that happened to me this past month like turning 21! woo yay me!
I still need to write about Passover and then it will be more about the Kaban and the things I had to do and the things that happened after I finished them. Also an update on my birthday. The US of A's favorite age. I also have a Blackberry. Can I just say I have some stories for that too. I also want to write a shout out to someone in one of the upcoming blogs that totally helped me.

From http://www.damnlol.com
Anywho I was on Damn! LOL (really hysterical website) and saw this picture. In a way it kinda made me mad. If you guys think back a few posts I wrote a blog about skinny people. Well people always always
complain about how everything is photoshopped and people dont look real anymore. I would just like to point out that this comparison of these two women are completely unfair. The photo on the left is NOT photoshopped while the one on the right is. Thats not a fair comparison because the model Eva Herzigova is in fact anorexic and older then Tara Laughton who clearly does not have a problem in eating, she is also not a size 12 she is in fact bigger. She is a size 14/16. That is almost "10" sizes bigger numerically and 7/8 sizes bigger on the even scale. Both have different body types and styles. Another thing I think is crucial to point out is the lighting in both of the pictures. Lighting is everything. The lighting on Eva is hitting her at a weird angle casting off shadows making her look skinnier then she is. Really study the photograph and you'll see she isn't abnormally skinny at all. Tara's lighting has been evened out so there are no shadows. This is done with multiple lights at different angles(not to mention the photoshop that can be seen). One photograph is natural light and thats it while the other are studio lights at multiple angles. That changes everything.

I am a size 3 or 4 depending on the jeans and I can say I don't look like Im skin and bones and that I have some "extra flab" as everyone likes to put it.
I think people should start eating correctly and taking care of themselves and stop paying attention to someone else's idea of beauty. Also this whole escapade with Barbie dolls, I happen to like my Barbie Dolls skinny. They are easier to hold when playing with them. Child hands cant hold on to a replica of what women from the MOST OBESE country world look like. Also you GAIN weight as you get older. Its natural and perfectly fine, normal, and healthy. Embrace it. BUT I think its absolutely ridiculous that its okay for someone who's job is to be a face for people not take care of themselves. Yeah its great to eat what you want and that cake but people need to realize they have a job to do. They cant show laziness when trying to be the image and role model for people. Its not right. It's making people think it's okay to NOT take care of themselves. The trick is to eat multiple small proportioned meals throughout the day as well as exercise. Just take care of yourselves people. Everyone has different body frames. Constantly dieting will only throw your metabolism off and make it harder to LOSE weight. The small amounts of exercising will help make your metabolism faster. Slowly but surely.
I want to go watch Fast & Furious 5 so Im goin to the movie theater now. Peace Out my Lovelies.
June 11th, 2011 at 01:34pm