Mawwiage||Religion||Mibba Revolution||Mibba Mag

Image

Viva la revolution!
This is such an awesome idea. Really. It's what mibba needs for a pick-me-up, and I'm glad that so many people are pitching in.

---

Marriage
Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam within a dweam. And wove, twue wove, wiww fowwow you fowevah and evah… So tweasuwe youw wove.

My brother's engaged, hooray. The date is set for next April, and his fiancée is awesome. This has brought to the forefront of my mind, however, the topic of marriage. From blogs to magazines to television shows to movies, weddings are everywhere. Bridezillas, brides on a budget who want to be bridezillas, stores like Kleinfeld's and the shows dedicated to them, and the staggering average cost of a northeastern wedding (a whopping $29,000) contribute to the ideal of what a wedding should be.

However, while preparing their lengthy list of things they simply must have for a wedding, many people seem to forget the purpose of a wedding- to be bonded for life in vows before God, your friends, your parents, and/or your partner. In the process of spending on their extravagant ceremony, reception, and honeymoon, people don't think about the time and money that could be better spent on a house, education or starting a life as partners.

Weddings are about becoming a married couple, not spending enough to put you thousands of dollars in debt, and creating one of the main issues that cause marriages to end (money).

So how to keep costs down?

Well, keep it local, and keep it sensible. Do you really need that $3000 professional wedding photographer, or do you (likely) know a budding photographer? Do you need that $1000 cake, or would you rather eat your mom's delicious cake that she made for your tenth birthday? Trust me, it's still delicious. Is it worth it to pay for the $8000 venue, when your local church and community hall would work just as well?

Save yourself the stress, and go for simple, memorable and true to yourself and your fiancée.

And so I ask, in your opinion, is spending lavishly on your wedding day to look fabulous and rich -when you're not- to your friends and family -who know you're not- vital to making your promises to God and each other?


---

Christianity confuses me
My boyfriend and I are talking right now, and we're discussing worship and Sunday services and stuff. We disagree about what you should do during a service. So what's your thing: singing with your arms in the air while you sway side to side, with a preacher, or quiet hymns and solemn services? Are you somewhere in between?

---

The Mag!
Seeing as everyone's checking out the journals right now, for those of you who avoid the general forum like the plague, the mibba mag needs a revival as bad as the rest of Mibba. There's more info here, and if you don't find something that seems your thing there, you can PM Audrey, Roseh or myself to get involved!

---

I should stop writing these so late. ::shifty:
June 12th, 2011 at 07:03am