Job Shadowing

So, Mibba, seeing as my school's board decided to change things up, my graduation project officially sucks.

We used to be able to do job shadowing or volunteering. Guess what happened with the '11 seniors, though? Yeah, that's right; someone attempted to fake their volunteer work and ruined it for the rest of us.

So, all we're allowed to do is job shadow. Know how much that sucks for me? A lot, actually. I mean, I want to go into Communications thanks to Gunz from the Gunz Show on Idobi radio. I want to host radio shows and be able to bring good music to teenagers' ears.

Why does this exactly suck, you might ask? Well, my mother doesn't approve (go figure). She doesn’t want me to waste my dad's Purple Heart with something "stupid like radio". Really? It's better than what she wanted me to do with my life: professional writing.

Don't get me wrong, I love writing stories. Why would I want to write grants and crap for businesses? Honestly, I'll even feel trapped with that kind of career. Writing is a passion, but I love doing it for fun. I'd rather be an actual author than a professional writer for businesses.

So, why can't I just tell my mom I'm job shadowing a professional writer and fake and go job shadow a radio host? Because our parents have to sign off on our papers. It's freaking retarded, I tell you. I would have rather spent my time volunteering at the animal rescue.

I just wish my mom would see the fact that I'm not going to be happy writing out grants and stuff. I think some time today, I'm going to try to talk to Gunz and ask him about what he did and stuff. I mean, music's a big part of my life, and I'd love to work with it someway, I really would.

1. What would you do in this situation?
2. Any advice? :(
June 14th, 2011 at 08:48pm