Questions and Tacos.

So, I happen to call my boss today to ask him a question, and thats something I rarely do-- seriously. I'd really rather not call my boss because he speaks way too fast for me to comprehend-- but this is how the conversation unfolded:

Me: Hey, Boss--- is this a bad time?

Boss: Oh no. You called at the perfect time. I just finished training. I've been unavailable for the past three days-- but now I'm back! I'm on the map!

Me: *starts to giggle because thats just an instant reaction to awkwardness* Well, that's good. So...I've got this coustumer and she just wants to change her order, but it's already been shipped.

Boss: Okay-- well, then thats when you call field services. Get a pen and paper down and hold on for a minute. I've got to do something.

Me: *puts phone on speaker and starts to scramble around for a pen and paper all panic-like so as to not upset boss.*

Boss: *talking to another person on his side* hey yeah-- can I have two chicken tacos?

Me: *starts to laugh her ass off for about ten seconds straight*

Boss: Hey-- so, sarah! Write this number down

Me: *writes number down*

Boss: Call em and they'll tell you what to do.

Me: Okay, thanks. Oh-- and enjoy those chicken tacos.

Boss: mmm, thanks.


haha. Best boss ever.
I mean..the point of this post is that I took a chance, and it happened to pay off in just a very funny, funny, way.

Have any of you been scared to talk to someone?
Did it pay off to get over that fear?
June 26th, 2011 at 07:03am