Youth + Marriage = DISASTER

WARNING: THIS IS A RANT CREATED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF A TOPIC I BELIEVE TO BE OVERDUE FOR A BASHING. IF YOU FEEL OFFENDED, YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME TO RANT BACK AT ME.
^_^

I swear, people are idiots.

Honestly, hasn't anyone ever thought about NOT getting married? You crush in HIGH SCHOOL (granted, most people never do come out of that era, but still) and claim you loooooove them to death only to find you can't stand that one immensely irritating thing he/she does. Then people wonder why divorce rates are on the rise with no signs of stopping. Hello, Immaturity? A teen will not think the same as a 30-year-old, or even have the inclination to believe the same thing when they're 40. Unless they're stubborn gits, but then maybe you were better off not pretending you loved their faults too.

The legal union of two people has definitely been overrated:
>"I love you."
>"Aw! I love you too!"
>"I could spend the rest of my life with you, sweetheart."
>"Me too, let's get married!"
Five years later, the star-eyed honeymoon has been forgotten:
>"Wtf? I told you to pick up after yourself!"
>"Hold on, this show's about to get very interesting.."
>"I WORK ALL DAY AND ALL YOU DO IS SIT YOU FAT SELF DOWN IN FRONT OF THE TV!" or something of the like.
>"Well if you don't like me, why'd you marry me?"
>"You're right. You're absolutely right. I want a divorce. NOW."

I just don't see the point in attaching yourself to one person if you're gonna get tired of them in less time than Microsoft can come out with a new product. Novelty is the new tradition, Daft Punk had it right: "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger."

So when you're about to take your next vows, consider: "Will I want to upgrade this software in a few years to stay in the game, or do I want this one because it's unique?" No, seriously, consider it with everything you have.

And for the love of all things dark and shiny, STOP SPAMMING WEBSITES WITH YOUR MISPLACED LOVE OF SO-AND-SO!! It's utterly annoying, not to mention you will forget about them when your next fad comes around.
June 26th, 2011 at 11:18pm